Monday, April 26, 2010

A week, really?

Has it really been a week? Wow. My 5 yr old son was sick, and while it was awful for him, it was nice for me- selfish really. I got to snuggle and cozy up with him. I have really missed him, and my daughter these last few months. Treatment is going great, but time seems to be slipping through my fingers. I work full time, and have outpatient treatment, AA meetings twice a week, meetings with my sponsor, and tons of homework. I love it, love the feelings that sobriety and recovery are bringing to me, but I miss things...

I miss tucking the kids in the nights I am not there. I am missing cooking for and eating dinner with my family. Hearing about everyone's day. Snuggling. So while my dinosaur man was feeling icky, and was actually still and not jumping from couch to big chair, I snuggled. Held him, smelled his hair, and gave him kisses. Told him that I love him very much and am so happy he is my little man.

So since I am home tonight, I am going to go snuggle them until they drift into the land of ponies and rainbows, mud and football, and the other magical places they visit at night. I know you don't mind. :)

p.s. Does it make me a "bad mom" if I kind of secretly hope my daughter gets sick so I can snuggle her for two days too? ;)

1 comment:

  1. Your intention is to snuggle, so I don't think so.

    I love giving my kids their bath. That is the best part of my day. And now that their dad and I are separated, bath time has been cut in half. I hate that.

    Happy Sober Tuesday :)

    ReplyDelete