Thursday, April 8, 2010

New Beginnings

Well, here I am. A young, sober Mom. Newly sober and searching for... well everything I guess.

I searched high and low for a blog, a book, a website- anything that I could identify with. And I came up empty handed. I found myself saying "Why doesn't someone have something like this?" Then I remembered the saying "Why don't YOU be the someone?". So here I am.

I am 33 years old, married for almost 9 years to a kind and sexy man, and mother to two of the best looking, funniest, and kindest kids around. (Not that I am biased or anything.)

I am also newly sober. 52 days, 2 hours, and 19 minutes to be exact, but only a drunk would know that. I am in an intensive outpatient program and attending AA meetings 2 nights a week. Add my family to that, along with my full-time job, and you can imagine how busy things have been lately. Thank God I have such an amazing and supportive husband.

I am new to blogging, and I'm pretty sure no one will ever even read this, but that is okay. I am going to just let it all pour out- whatever I am thinking. A New Age diary if you will. So I am starting this for purely selfish reasons- to put all of my thoughts, hopes, and fears out into the universe. And if maybe one person reads this, and takes away only one little thing, even if it is just "maybe I am not alone or crazy after all" well, then that will make it all worthwhile.

1 comment:

  1. There are tons of us out here.

    Welcome to sober blogging :)

    ReplyDelete